Mar 6, 2011

Collection Rave: Jenny Packham Spring 2011 RTW

I shamefully admit that I first heard of Jenny Packham when Sandra Bullock wore a gorgeous beaded pink gown designed by her at this year's Golden Globes. I was completely mesmerized by the dress that I decided to look up all previous collections from her, and fell in love with this year's spring RTW collection. 

I know very little of the designer, but from what I saw her taste in womens clothing is in feminine, simple cuts with extravagant, not-so-simple fabrics.

Let the show begin!


Starting off with a simple two-piece. I absolutely love the silk-and-sequin combination that could seem too much, but surprisingly works really, really well. I love the waist detailing on the sequined shorts that happens to simultaneously sparkle with the cuff bracelet! Then the see-through trend is implemented in the dainty, sweet blouse. Sexy yet sweet!


ARGH!!!! I remember the first time I laid eyes on this magical number (during math class...) and screamed in pure "fashion ecstasy." I love the color (that isn't too Barbie pink- but a sophisticated pink) the silk fabric, the conservative cut and the sparkling waist detail (again!) If Audrey Hepburn wore a pink version of her LBD in Breakfast At Tiffany's, this would be it!


I also love how her dresses aren't all "minis." Although the daring short lengths are definitely sexy, these knee-length dresses are just as stylish! I love this light blue pastel number that's made in the beaded fabric that I so love!


A LND spotted! If a plain nude one-shoulder dress was to get a slight sweep of fairy dust, this is what it would look like.


I love the detailing on this dress. It isn't baring on the legs or the shoulder, but it still screams fashion forward. A huge advantage with dresses like this is that no additional accessories are needed! Let the dress speak for itself.


Absolutely love this periwinkle sheath!


The perfect hassle-free LND ♥


Very Grecian-esc!

Now for the long gowns...


Ah! The magic of drapings! I love how the fabric hugs the body without it looking exactly like second skin (although I love that look too.) You may notice the mix of color too, from light peach to burnt copper. Then there's the subtle sparkling detail on one shoulder.


Silver mermaid comes alive.


Now, I know that this may not exactly be red-carpet safe, but I love the innovative idea behind this head-to-toe see-though and bedazzled body suit. It took me on a nostalgic ride back to when we all first saw Britney Spear's diamond body suit from her Toxic music video. I wouldn't particularly recommend this for an outing of any sort, but it surely is amazing.


I believe Sandra Bullock wore this number in the pink version for the Globes. I know stylists would have literally fought to get their hands on this one. 

All photo credits go to Elle.com

***
So I've made it clear, Jenny Packham is added to my list of coveted designers and must-watch fashion shows. The brand speaks drama, glamor, and youth- something different for me, the Chanel fan.

Just when we think we've seen it all,
the magic begins.

Sealed With Glitter,
CN

No comments:

Post a Comment